OUR 2015 DUES INVOICE IS NOW AVAILABLE:
WED. FEBRUARY 4, 2015 CLE DINNER MEETING at the Columbus Club
TOPIC: 2015 N.Y. CIVIL PRACTICE LAW and RULES UPDATE (2 Credits)
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 6pm
On Wednesday, February 4th, we have a great CLE Dinner Meeting lined up for you presented by Professor Burton N. Lipshie, Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing and New York Practice at Benjamin Cardozo School of Law and Managing Attorney at Stroock, Stroock and Lavan, LLP. Professor Lipshie is widely regarded as the preeminent authority on Civil Practice in the State of New York. Each year he is invited by the New York State Office of Court Administration, and its Judicial Institute, to teach New York procedure at its annual seminars for Justices and Judges throughout the state, as well as the seminars for Law Clerks and Court Attorneys. As counsel to the Association of Judges of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Mr. Lipshie was called upon to defend the constitutionality of the City’s process for selection of judges. This is one of our most sought after live CLE tickets. We recommend that you register as soon as possible to secure your seat.
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President