Wednesday, April 2, 2014 ay 6pm - 2 Credit ETHICS CLE Dinner Meeting at the Columbus Club
We are pleased to announce our April CLE Dinner Meeting on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 6pm at the Columbus Citizens Foundation in Manhattan. Our Lecturer is Richard E. Grayson. Attorney Grayson has been involved in ethics and professional responsibility law since 1978, first as an attorney with the Ninth Judicial District Grievance Committee and since 1982 as a defense attorney for lawyers and judges facing sanctions for ethics violations or professional misconduct. To register CLICK HERE or email ColumbianLawyers@aol.com no later than Friday, March 28, 2014 at 5pm. The cost to attend for Pre-Registered Members is $100 and for Guests $125. All other tickets are $135 and space permitting.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 at Noon - RAPALLO AWARD LUNCHEON honoring Justice William F. Mastro at the Grand Ballroom of the Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Tickets are now on sale for the Rapallo Award Luncheon honoring The Honorable William F. Mastro, Associate Justice of the
Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department. Registration is now available ONLINE via this link: CLICK HERE or you may download and print a Registration Form via Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) via this Link: 2014 Rapallo Award Luncheon Registration Form
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President