OUR 2015 DUES INVOICE IS NOW AVAILABLE:
NEXT EVENT: TWO (2) CREDIT ETHICS CLE
WED. MARCH 4, 2015 CLE DINNER MEETING at the Columbus Club
TOPIC: ETHICS (2 CREDITS)
Maximizing Effectiveness & Avoiding Pitfalls with an Overview of Wiretap/Eavesdropping Law in Different Jurisdictions
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 6pm
On Wednesday, March 4th, we have an informative CLE Dinner Meeting lined up for you presented by Craig Weiner, a Partner in the Business Litigation, Financial Market Litigation and Domestic/International Arbitration Groups at Robins Kaplan, LLP in New York City. Mr. Weiner has more than 20 years experience investigating and litigating a wide range of domestic and international matters for private clients, foreign governments and various public and private companies. Mr. Weiner will be accompanied by his partner Paul V. LiCalsi (a New Member) one of his licensed private investigators to discuss ethical considerations concerning investigating matters for clients. Mr. Weiner will also provide a summary of the current status of Wiretapping and Eavesdropping Laws in New York, as well as other jurisdictions. They will also discuss the legality and current events surrounding the legality of recording the activities of police officers and other law enforcement personnel. This is MUST-SEE live CLE presentation that will provide in attendance with useful information, including those who do not actively practice law. We recommend that you register as soon as possible to secure your seat.
THE 50th ANNUAL RAPALLO AWARD LUNCHEON
Saturday, April 18, 2015
It is our pleasure to invite you to join us at the 50th Annual Charles A. Rapallo Award Luncheon where we will confer our most distinguished award upon The Honorable John A. Barone, Justice of the Supreme Court, Bronx County. This award, named in honor of the first Italian American jurist to serve on the New York State Court of Appeals, is bestowed annually to outstanding jurists, public servants and citizens of Italian American descent.
Our Luncheon will be held on Saturday, April 18, 2015 at The Waldorf Astoria Hotel, located at 301 Park Avenue in Manhattan (between 49th & 50th Streets). Light refreshments begin at Noon, followed by a luncheon award reception. Business attire is required.
Tickets range from $175 to $350 per person and Tables of 8, 10 or 12 range from $1,400 to $3,500, all based upon seating location. All seating is assigned to the best available location based upon the date your payment is received — with all table purchases receiving priority and Souvenir Ad Journal recognition. You may also help us defer costs by sponsoring the attendance of an invited Judge for $150.00. All registrations must be received by April 4, 2015.
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President