OUR 2015 DUES INVOICE IS NOW AVAILABLE:
JUNE MEMBER MEETING – CANCELLED IN LIEU OF NIABA MEETING
PLEASE INSTEAD ATTEND THE NIABA DINNER DANCE IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY ON Friday, June 5, 2015
7 p.m.-Midnight — Dinner dance with the Westchester County Colombian Lawyers Association
The Fountainhead, 55 Quaker Ridge Road, New Rochelle (914-235-4400)
Wonderful caterer serving Italian food, plus live music. Several hundred lawyers will attend. Bring your spouse or significant other and your dancing shoes! NIABA Officers Installation will be held in conjunction with the dinner. Evening not to be missed!
THE COST TO ATTEND IS: $145 per person or $275 per couple.
R.S.V.P. : On or before Monday, June 1, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. via email to Patty Cipriano at PCipriano@josephsenalaw.com with a copy to JSena@jospehsenalaw.com.
SAVE THE DATE: SCHOLARSHIP FUNDRAISER – Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at the Columbus Citizens Foundation
THE 50th ANNUAL RAPALLO AWARD LUNCHEON AT THE WALDORF ASTORIA GRAND BALLROOM
Saturday, April 18, 2015
On Saturday, April 18, 2015, members of the Bench and Bar gathered at the historic Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan to attend the 50th Annual Rapallo Award Luncheon. This award, first conceived in 1955 and named in honor of the first Italian American jurist to serve on the New York State Court of Appeals, is bestowed annually to outstanding jurists, public servants and citizens of Italian American descent. The Columbian Lawyers Association, First Judicial Department was honored to confer the 2015 Rapallo Award to The Honorable John A. Barone, Justice of the Supreme Court, Bronx County. The afternoon also included a special video presentation honoring the 50 recipients who received the Rapallo Award between 1955 and 2014 and members of our Association engaged in the practice of law for fifty (50) or more years. Congratulations and special thanks to our event Chair, Marianne E. Bertuna and the entire Committee for a job very well done!
VIEW THE 2015 OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM & HISTORICAL PROGRAM COVERS
VIEW HISTORICAL PRESS REPORTS OF THE EVENT
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President