OUR CURRENT NEWSLETTER IS NOW AVAILABLE:
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 6:30 pm - 12th ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDRAISER at the Columbus Club
On Wednesday June 4, 2014 at 6:30pm, our General Member Meeting will be our 12th Annual Scholarship Fundraiser at the Columbus Citizens Foundation. We urge all to attend this event or at the very least, help support the Fund by making a donation via our online portal. The Columbian Lawyers Association Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable entity that raises money each year to confer scholarships for law students of Italian heritage who require financial assistance. Each year, the Fund reviews applications and awards scholarships to a select number of students. The Scholarship Fundraiser is our primary means of funding present and future scholarship obligations. More information about the Scholarship Fund can be obtained by it’s Co-Chairs, the Honorable Anthony J. Fiorella, Jr. and Joseph DeMatteo or by visiting our website. To register for the event, please contact the event Chair, Marianne Bertuna at BertunaEsq@AidalaLaw.com or Register and Donate Online via this link: http://fs16.formsite.com/ColumbianLawyers/form32/index.html
VIEW PHOTOS FROM OUR RECENT RAPALLO AWARD LUNCHEON
The 49th Annual Rapallo Award Recipient - Justice William F. Mastro
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President