52nd ANNUAL RAPALLO / SCALIA AWARD LUNCHEON
Honoring Appellate Division, Second Department, Justice Joseph J. Maltese
Friday, April 7, 2017 – Cocktails begin at 12:30pm – Photos at 1pm Sharp
The Plaza Hotel
768 Fifth Avenue (5th Avenue at Central Park South)
New York, NY 10019
REGISTER ON-LINE HERE
Dear Columbian Lawyers and Friends:
We hope to see you on FRIDAY, April 7 at 12:30 p.m at The Plaza for our 52nd Annual Charles A. Rapallo and Justice Antonin Scalia Award Luncheon in celebration of the Honorable Joseph J. Maltese. This is the first time in 52 years that the luncheon will take place at The Plaza! More importantly, this is the second year that the award was renamed the Charles A. Rapallo and Justice Antonin Scalia Award, in honor of the late Justice Antonin Scalia. The award is that much more prestigious as we honor the name of the First Italian American to be appointed to the Supreme Court of the United States. As many of you know, Charles A. Rapallo was the first Italian-American Judge elected to the New York State Court of Appeals. Please join the Columbian Lawyers, as we embark on this new tradition.
You will find below a link to register on-line which will explain the various tables and tickets that are available. I have also included a PDF attachment of our registration package to register by mail and to purchase a journal ad here: “Mail-In” 2017 Rapallo / Scalia Registration Packet.
This year’s Rapallo Scalia Award Luncheon will be a special event that you do not want to miss, as we honor a most deserving recipient, the Honorable Joseph J. Maltese. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by emailing me at email@example.com.
You may register for tickets, tables, judge sponsorships and purchase a journal ad ON-LINE here: 52nd Annual Rapallo / Scalia Award Luncheon Registration
President, Columbian Lawyers Association of the First Judicial Department
2016 RAPALLO/SCALIA AWARD LUNCHEON
Saturday, April 16, 2016
OFFICIAL 2015 RAPALLO AWARD PROGRAM & HISTORICAL COVERS:
PRESS REPORTS OF VARIOUS PAST EVENTS:
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Marianne E. Bertuna, Esq., President