CLE – DINNER MEETING
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 – Cocktails at 6:00 p.m.
8 East 69th Street – Columbus Citizens Foundation
CHRISTMAS PARTY AND INSTALLATION DINNER AT THE WATER CLUB
Monday, December 19, 2016 – 6:30pm to 10:30PM
500 E 30th St, New York, NY 10016
Dear Columbian Lawyers and Friends:
We hope to see you all at the CLE presentation on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 when Professor Alan Dershowitz, together with Past President Arthur L. Aidala, will be joining us for a special presentation on Tactics and Ethics in Litigation. It will be a 2-credit ETHICS CLE. Update: All members will receive a signed autograph copy of Taking the Stand: My Life in the Law by Professor Alan Dershowitz, courtesy of the Columbian Lawyers Association, First Judicial Department.
You may register here for the October 5th CLE:
We hope you can march with us in the Columbus Day Parade on Monday, October 10, 2016. Children, Family and Friends are encouraged to attend!
The details are as follows:
9:00 a.m.- Mass at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral (General Admission at 8:45 a.m.)
11:00 a.m.- Columbus Day Parade on Fifth Avenue- our group will meet at the “large clock” on the west side of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street for the march up Fifth Avenue.
1:30 – 4:30 p.m.- Post-Parade Luncheon at Tony’s Di Napoli Restaurant, located at 1081 3rd Avenue between 63rd and 64th Streets
You may register here for the Parade & Luncheon:
I would also like to thank Suzanne Adams for her tireless efforts to ensure that Judge’s Night was a success – it certainly was! Just look at the pictures and you will see that a wonderful time was had by all in attendance. The Judiciary and our members truly enjoyed the evening and it was a wonderful way to start off the new “law” year. Thank you Suzanne! We would also like to thank everyone who attended. We hope you enjoy the pictures taken on Judges’ Night. The pictures can be purchased and/or downloaded by clicking on the PHOTO GALLERY here!
See you on October 5th (CLE) and October 10th (Columbus day Parade)!
President, Columbian Lawyers Association of the First Judicial Department
October 27, 2016 – Brooklyn CLA 50th anniversary gala at BMA
November 2, 2016 – CLE Dinner Meeting
December 19, 2016 – Christmas Party at the Water Club
2016 RAPALLO/SCALIA AWARD LUNCHEON
Saturday, April 16, 2016
OFFICIAL 2015 RAPALLO AWARD PROGRAM & HISTORICAL COVERS:
PRESS REPORTS OF VARIOUS PAST EVENTS:
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Marianne E. Bertuna, Esq., President