OUR DUES INVOICE IS NOW AVAILABLE:
UPCOMING EVENTS: DINNER DANCE CRUISE
Monday, June 13, 2016 – 6:30 p.m.
The Atlantis Yacht- World Yacht Pier 81
41st Street and the West Side Highway
Dear Columbian Lawyers and Friends:
We hope to see you all on Monday, June 13, 2016 for our Dinner Cruise aboard the Atlantis Yacht, celebrating the appointment of Chief Judge Janet DiFiore as Chief Judge of the State of New York and the Court of Appeals. Chief Judge Janet DiFiore was our 2008 Rapallo Recipient and attended our Charles A. Rapallo and Justice Antonin Scalia Award Luncheon this year, as she always does. This will be an unforgettable evening aboard a beautiful yacht with music, dancing and dinner and an opportunity to spend quality time with our newly appointed Chief Judge Janet DiFiore.
For More Details and to Register please visit the link below:
Please invite your spouse, colleague or friend to join us, as this event is open to all!
**There is limited availability for this event so please register early.**
We would also like to thank each and everyone of you who attended our May CLE Program featuring Geraldo Rivera and Past President Arthur L. Aidala. Everyone in attendance enjoyed the event immensely. As many of you know, it was our last CLE presentation until October 5, 2016 when Professor Alan Dershowitz will be joining us.
See you on June 13th!
President, Columbian Lawyers Association of the First Judicial Department
***Please Save the Date September 14, 2016 Judge’s Night at the Columbus Club***
2016 RAPALLO/SCALIA AWARD LUNCHEON
Saturday, April 16, 2016
OFFICIAL 2015 RAPALLO AWARD PROGRAM & HISTORICAL COVERS:
PRESS REPORTS OF VARIOUS PAST EVENTS:
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Marianne E. Bertuna, Esq., President